Birth to 3 earns Blue Ribbon Affiliate status from Parents as Teachers National Center
The Riley Early Childhood Birth to 3 Program has completed the Parents as Teachers Quality Endorsement and Improvement Process and earned the highest designation: Blue Ribbon Affiliate status. Being named a Blue Ribbon Affiliate affirms that the Riley Early Childhood Birth to 3 Program is among the highest quality members of the home visitation and parent education field, implementing the evidence-based Parents as Teachers model with fidelity and quality.
A special thanks to our Birth to 3 staff for their hardwork and dedication....
- Jillian Davis...............................Program Director
- Tamla Day.................................Lead Parent Educator
- Yadira Garcia............................Parent Educator (bilingual)
- Angelica Hernandez................Parent Educator (bilingual)
- Sevina Newell...........................Parent Educator
About Birth to 3
The Riley Early Childhood Birth to 3
Program in partnership with the Parents As Teachers Organization are committed
to providing the information, support, and encouragement parents need to help
their children develop to their fullest potential during the crucial early
years of life.
Our Core Values are:
- Parents are their children's first and most influential
- The early years of a child's life are critical for
optimal development and provides the foundation for success in school and
- All young children and their families deserve the same
opportunities to succeed; regardless of any demographic, geographic, or
- Understanding and appreciating the history and
traditions of diverse cultures re essential in serving families.
- Each child is unique with their own strengths and
- Young children learn best by interacting with
others through experiences and play
What we offer:
- Personalized Home Visits
- Developmental Screenings
- Community Resource Connections
- Parent Education Workshops
- Monthly Field Trips
- Parent Advisory Board
- Community Advisory Board
All of our services are FREE!!!!
Call 708-368-3212 for more information or to enroll!
Evaluation & Assessment
Evaluation is a way to see if a child is eligible for early intervention services. The evaluation will occur only with written permission and at no cost to the parent or guardian. The evaluation is done with the parent, the child and early intervention professionals. Following the evaluation, the parent and other members of the team will talk about what the child is doing and identify any concerns. If there are areas of delay, the child may be eligible for early intervention services. Evaluation looks at these areas of development:
- Cognitive--ability to learn and how the child learns
- Physical--ability to move, see and hear
- Communication--ability to understand language and express needs
- Social or Emotional--ability to relate with others
- Adaptive Skills--ability to dress, eat and take care of self
Assessment is an ongoing collection of information that looks at the child's strengths and needs. Assessments are used to make sure that the child is getting the kind of help needed while the child is receiving services.
Speech-Language Therapy includes increasing how much a child communicates, improving how a child expresses his or her wants and needs though speech, sign language, gestures or augmentative systems and/or improving what a child understands. Therapists will make suggestions about ways to incorporate ideas for communication at home and in the community.