The community education program is designed to provide Harvey Public School, District 152 community of families with educational support, quality family-centered events and parent/guardian resources to create a stronger school and community for our children.
The Community Education Program aims to:
- Increase parental/guardian involvement in district offices, schools, and the community through PTO recruitment and welcomed volunteerism.
- Empowering parents/guardians' to create individual success and accomplishments, through our Job Training classes, Adult Education and G.E.D. classes.
- Provide parents/guardians a supportive and educational outlet to feel free to communicate family needs through educational support groups, parent recognition and family-designed events.
- Create partnership opportunities with organizations, churches, and businesses in the Harvey community.
- Change the problems that plague our families and students with solutions that will create lasting effects in the lives of the people in our community.
- Create a stronger parent, a stronger student, a stronger District and a stronger City, to ensure a healthier quality of life for our families.
- Develop and maintain a strong advisory council that has a broad-based representation.
- Financial support should come from many sources.
For information about how Community Education can help you and your family or to become a Community Education partner, contact
Arletha Bolton, Community Education Manager at (708) 333-0300 ext.13.