We want to say thank you to all of the School Year 2020-21 Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) eligible schools who completed the first requested data submissions by the Feb. 25 deadline. Your hard work will ensure P-EBT eligible students across the state receive timely assistance from this new federal benefit program.

Please continue to update student attendance data in the Student Information System (SIS) for our public schools and upload student eligibility data in WINS for our nonpublic schools monthly. This will ensure that P-EBT benefits continue for eligible students.  

In an effort to ensure that eligible students and families are able to use the P-EBT benefits, the Illinois Department of Human Services has provided the attached notification letter. ISBE is asking schools to privately share this notification letter with ONLY eligible students. This may be distributed in paper or electronic form, but we ask that this notification be distributed without modification. It is attached in both English and Spanish.    

As families begin to receive their P-EBT cards and benefits, should they have any questions about eligibility, please try to assist them as best you can, as the school data is what is being used to make this determination. Any data submitted to ISBE by the 25th of each month, will ensure that the benefits are provided the subsequent month to eligible students. ISBE is available to support school’s efforts to submit accurate data.    

Should families have questions regarding the P-EBT benefits and issuances, please have them review information at https://www.dhs.state.il.us/page.aspx?item=131776, including the frequently asked questions. They may also contact the DHS toll-free P-EBT Helpline number at 1-833-621-0737.  

A common question from families may be how they can update the mailing address.  

If the family has already received their P-EBT Link Card, and need to update their address; they should contact the LINK hotline at 1-800-678-5465. If needed, you can order a new card at that time as well. 

If the family has not received their P-EBT Link Card, but have been told that at least one student in their household is eligible, they can request an address change online at P-EBT Change of Address Form

If the family has an existing case for SNAP, Cash or Medical benefits, use Manage My Case (MMC) to report their change of address or they can call the LINK hotline at 1-800-678-5465.

If you have unanswered questions, please email pebt@isbe.net. Additional resources for schools are available at www.isbe.net/pebt.

Nutrition Department, Illinois State Board of Education 100 N. First St., Springfield, IL 62777 Phone: (800) 545-7892 or (217) 782-2491 cnp@isbe.netwww.isbe.net/nutrition

                                             ENGLISH LETTER                                          CARTA EN ESPAÑOL